Support Buy Michigan Week
Buy Michigan Week
July 27 – August 2, 2009
Support the local economy by purchasing products made in Michigan and buying from Michigan-based companies.
The Buy Michigan Now initiative was declared by the official proclamation from Michigan Governor Jennifer M. Granholm stating that the week of July 27, 2009 is Buy Michigan Week in Michigan. In the proclamation, Governor Granholm states her support of the initiative: “I encourage all residents of this state to take advantage of the many great products and services that the state of Michigan has to offer by buying Michigan first.”
How can you make a difference? Here are just five ways you can help:
- Visit a different Michigan museum, gallery, theater, or zoo each month.
- Invite your out of state friends and/or family to come for a visit.
- Believe in Michigan. Tell others about all that this great state has to offer.
- Take your family on a Michigan vacation. There is so much to see and do!
- Make changes in your buying habits starting today.
How else can you help support the Michigan economy? Share your ideas here!
- For more information visit www.buymichigannow.com
- Get a list of Michigan brands & companies at the Michigan Blue Pages