In a cover story, Children Magazine called 15-year-old American artist Sarah Wall an “art prodigy.” In 2021, at the age of 14. she was invited by Park West Gallery to become the youngest of Park West’s team of world-renowned artists.
The daughter of famed American Impressionist Daniel Wall, Sarah has already created her own trademark style, which she calls Nature’s Expressionism. Her paintings capture nature’s purest forms of expression, enhances them, amplifies them, and sometimes distorts them radically for emotional effect.
Born in 2007, Sarah began drawing and painting before the age of one. She learned her craft by studying alongside her father, Daniel Wall, the founder of Intense Impressionism, an artistic style that focuses on vivid colors, bringing the Impressionist art movement into the modern era. Intense Impressionism is characterized by its unsurpassed intensity and boldness, achieved with stark color contrasts, thick impasto, and an exaggerated and striking use of light.
Sarah also incorporates these characteristics into her Nature’s Expressionism paintings—however, she also works in wood grain, plant-based natural dyes, rose oil, mineral powder, and pearl powder into her incredible paintings. Every aspect of Sarah’s work is a unique marvel, highlighting Mother Nature’s organic beauty enhanced by Sarah’s artistry.
“Sunset Marsh” by Sarah Wall
Her artistic subjects cover a wide range of nature’s creations—from dogs to dolphins, flowers to fruits, moon to mountains, sea turtles to skies, owls to oceans, and more.
Sarah has received numerous accolades and art awards since the age of four. She has also published many illustrations, designed book covers, and authored several books since the age of six.
Some of her achievements include:
- In 2011, at age 4, her painting, “A Day at Sea,” was collected by and exhibited at the Greenville Museum of Art, North Carolina.
- In 2013, at age 6, she designed the cover for and illustrated the book, A Super Special Someone.
- In 2015, at age 7, she illustrated and co-authored the book, Dragon Mom Eagle Mom.
- In 2017, at age 9, she was the winner of the 12th Annual Youth Art Festival Poster Design Contest at the School of Arts and Design at East Carolina University.
- In 2018, at age 10, she received the Frank Lloyd Wright Best Overall Architectural Design Award.
- In 2022, at age 14, she designed the cover and co-authored the book, Daniel Wall: Founder of Intense Impressionism.
To benefit the Children’s Miracle Network, Sarah has performed in many ballet productions, including Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, Cinderella, and The Little Mermaid. She has also participated and received numerous awards in Math Masters, Math Counts, and American Mathematics Competition.
“Firebird” by Sarah Wall
If you’re interested in collecting the art of Sarah Wall, you can contact Park West’s gallery consultants at (800) 521-9654 ext. 4 or firstname.lastname@example.org